Quantum Scalar i2000 Tape Library
Repair | Sales
InStock can provide you with the Scalar i2000 library, drive upgrades or repairs. Is your company growing? Do you need to increase your data backup? Or is your library or drive broken? If you answered yes to any of these questions, InStock and our highly trained technicians and salesmen can get the job done right the first time. Call us Today at (866) 994-2875
The Scalar i2000 tape library uses iPlatform and integral iLayer management software to guarantee a reduced amount of time that users spend managing backup. The Scalar i2000 also significantly cuts the need for service calls while shortening issue resolution time. This allows the user to focus their resources in other directions which they may be needed.
The Scalar i2000
- Integrates its advanced management functions from inside the library which allows for much more effective management of the backup process
- Designed to be integrated with leading disk-based solutions if needed
- I/O blade architecture is used for faster, more reliable SAN operation and reduced switch port requirements
- Integrated SMI-S allows the library to be managed through standard SRM tools, including EMC ControlCenter
- i2000 Drive utilization and media integrity analysis tools are included for users who want advanced library resource management and diagnostics
- Advanced scalability, which is also rack compatible in order to comply with the user’s on demand data backup growth.
The Quantum i2000 Tape Library from InStock is designed for enterprise data centers, with native mixed-media support (LTO & SDLT), industry-leading density, rack-compatible form factor, and RAS features that include dual-redundant power, non-disruptive drive, power, and fan exchanges, and component-level fault isolation.
- Capacity-on-demand growth from 100 to more than 1,600 cartridges in a single library
- Improved performance in SAN environment through unified management, proactive data path readiness checks, and optimized drive performance
- Advanced RAS features for higher system reliability and faster, more efficient service
- Policy-based alerting: proactive system monitoring, integrated policy engine, and e-mail alerting system for early problem detection
- Real-time reporting including data written/read, slot utilization, and library activity status
- Native partitioning and true mixed-media operation: supports enterprise backup consolidation without external servers and software
- Compatible Drives for the Quantum Scalar i2000: LTO2, LTO3, LTO4, LVD, FC, 2GB, 4GB, SDLT600FC
- Quantum Scalar i2000 Parts and Accessories: I/O Boards, Redundant Power Supplies, Picker Assemblies, Slots, Cables, Controllers and Spares
Call Instock at (866) 994-2875
- Drive Interface: Native FC interface option
- Library Interface: Native FC interface
- Inventory Speed: 100 slots in 20 seconds
- Configuration: Auto-discovery and auto-calibration for installed/added components (modules, tapes, drives, magazines, etc.)
- Import/Export: Up to 192 (LTO), 160 (SDLT) positions in removable magazines
|Max. Native Capacity (TB)||2794|
|Max. Compressed Capacity (TB)||5587|
|Max. Drive Count||96|
|Max. Tape Cartridges||3492|
|Min. Tape Cartridges||1|
|Mail Slot Count||24-192|
|Redundant Power Supplies||Optional|
|Form Factor (Base)|
- Electrical: 115-230 VAC, 2-16 kVA
- Temperature: 15 to 32°C operating
- Humidity: 10 to 90% non-condensing operating
- Library MCBF: Greater than 2,000,000
- Library MTTR: 20 minutes
- Power: Optional 2N power for all systems and drives
- Diagnostics: Embedded monitoring of major subsystems, self-diagnostic procedures, and policy-based e-mail and pager alerts to system administrators and Quantum Global Services
- Module Upgrade: Any storage module may be added in two hours; customer-installable components include drives, fans, power supplies, slot upgrades.
Click Here for the Quantum Scalar i2000 Manual
Every Scalar i2000 Part numbers that InStock has in stock and ready to ship today!
Need Quantum Scalar i2000 Libraries,
Drives, Options or Parts?
InStock Can Help!
InStock Trade-In Program:
Are you upgrading or replacing your current tape storage system? We can take your current tape system and drives as a trade-in for an Quantum Scalar i2000 system.
Call Instock today at (866) 994-2875 (858-810-3931) to discuss your current system, how the Quantum Scalar i2000 will fit into your storage needs and how much InStock can offer you for your trade-in.
InStock is your backup tape storage source
with the most complete inventory on-hand!
When You Think Tape Storage, Think InStock, Inc.
For Backup Tape Libraries, Drives and Parts.