Careers at InStock, Inc.
Computer Tape Technician
InStock Inc, in Chandler, Arizona is looking for a knowledgeable, energetic and motivated computer tape technician to join our team of in-house experts. We specialize in providing top quality new and used tape libraries, drives, parts, options and accessories by industry leading manufacturers like Sun, StorageTek, Quantum, Spectra Logic, Dell, Overland, Hewlett Packard (HP), IBM and ADIC to our customers in the United States and world-wide.
The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, test, repair and configure tape libraries, drives and the parts, options and accessories for those systems. Our ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- Tape hardware repair and maintenance experience
- Strong troubleshooting, installation, diagnosis and problem solving skills
- Ability to determine equipment working condition and repairs needed
- Auditing and testing processes for tape drives and libraries
- Ability to utilize a variety of systematic SCSI, Fibre and SAS testing software
- Comfortable in dismantling complete systems
- Strong focus on quality control throughout the testing process
- Data entry into inventory management system
- Telephone and email technical support
- Ability to communicate well with all departments
- Flexibility to ensure customer and sales team requirements are met
- Manufacturer certification(s) and/or college experience is a plus
- Physical requirements include lifting/transporting various sizes of computer equipment
InStock, Inc. specializes in data backup – tape and disk storage – from arrays to libraries to drives to parts. In business since 1997, InStock has an established reputation in the storage industry. We buy and sell new, used and refurbished disk and tape storage equipment.
If you are interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 480-921-8362.
InStock, Inc. is looking for an IBM Tape Product Manager. The InStock IBM Product Manager (Account Executive) will have worldwide responsibility for buying and selling IBM tape libraries and tape drives to clients such as brokers, maintenance companies, VARs and end users. Must be detailed oriented with good follow-up skills. Our person will be responsible for keeping the database current with new additions and corrections. This position will be key member of the InStock sales team and will integrate their contacts into InStock’s ongoing marketing programs. While focused on IBM this position requires a person who will be InStock centric first and IBM centric second. This means introducing and identifying other contacts within companies that may have a need for other manufacturers tape solutions and introducing InStock’s service offerings. Three to five years experience in the Broker environment desired.
InStock, Inc. is looking for an entry-level telemarketing person. The person we are looking for has good interpersonal skills and can convey that personality over the phone. InStock is looking to dramatically increase our contact database to identify companies and individuals that may have a need for InStock products. We know whom to call; we just need the right person to make the calls. This opportunity affords a first hand knowledge of the computer industry and the potential to become a full time account manager.
We are looking for an individual who has common sense, determination, persistence, dedication, ambition, organization, commitment, shows up on time and is not easily distracted. Computer experience is not required, however the applicant should realize that this is a telephone marketing position and the individual will be asked to discuss their work history and how that applies to this position.