StorageTek SL8500 Tape Library Sales and Maintenance
StorageTek SL8500 Tape Library, Drives, and Parts | Maintenance, Repair, Sales
InStock has the STK SL8500 tape library, drives, parts, options or accessories you need.
Not only that, but all of our SL8500 parts and drives are tested in house in our very own StorageTek SL8500 tape library, by our StorageTek trained technicians.
We guarantee the part we ship to you is going to work perfectly the first time around.
The SL8500 tape library can handle up to 100,000 slots. This leaves a ton of room for your company to grow, and continue archiving your data without having to worry about upgrading your machine.
The library is capable of storing 2,100 PB (2.5:1 compression). With its less floor space and reduced cooling and power, this library is perfect for anyone who needs to store a lot of data, but is limited on space.
Don’t believe us? Just take a look at the data sheet right from Oracle, the parent company of StorageTek, and the manufacturer of the Sl8500 tape library.
The StorageTek SL8500 guarantees your organization will incur minimal costs and very little disruption. All this without sacraficing maximum security and flexibility.
This tape library is by far one of the top tape libraries for handling rapid growth. This makes it a very flexible yet compact option for archiving of your companies most important data, that can’t afford to be lost.
The Storagetek SL8500 tape library system from InStock offers true mixed media support while interfacing perfectly with many continuous-operation features. Rest assured that your data center is ready in cases of disaster recovery, data conversion or restoration. The STK SL8500 is an ideal solution for merging and consolidating enterprise and midrange computing infrastructures.
StorageTek STK SL8500 Specifications:
- Up to 2,048 of any combination of supported drives including
- Escon – Fibre Channel (FC) – Ficon – LTO – Ultrium – SDLT
- 1,448 – 300,000 cartridge slots
- Up to 90PB depending on configurations
- Digital vision camera system performs continuous calibration and reads bar codes
- Up to 35 MB/sec native throughput
- User-friendly configuration and diagnostic controls, status display and viewing window
InStock can also assist you in the removal of your StorageTek SL8500 tape library. We can take out your SL8500, move the library, or even relocate it.
We will professionally and safely de-install, remove and/or dispose of your StorageTek silos, libraries and tape drives using trained/qualified engineers and logistics personnel. InStock provides the following de-installation services:
- Total De-Install and Disposal of StorageTek SL8500 tape libraries, silos, robots and attached tape drives.
- Relocation of your StorageTek SL8500 Libraries & StorageTek Tape Drives Via Rollers.
- Instock uses trucks and padded vans to move your StorageTek SL8500 tape library to the new location for reinstall.
InStock Trade-In Program:
Are you planning on upgrading or replacing your current tape storage system? Why not let us take your current tape system and drives as a trade-in for a StorageTek SL8500 system.
Call the StorageTek Team at 1-877-786-2533 to discuss your current system, how the StorageTek SL8500 will fit into your storage needs and how much InStock can offer you for your trade-in.
You can also email us at Sales@instockinc.com
InStock is your backup tape storage source
with the most complete inventory in stock!
For Backup Tape Libraries, Drives and Parts
Call InStock- The Storage Experts